Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Third Blog Entry Today.. Screw You, I Like It

Well.. I know its my third entry for the day but i just felt like writing again..

Yesterday, for the first time in a couple of months, was my first jamming session with a new band. Name havent thought about even.. hahaha but will most probably be anything the rest decide.. Not that keen on having a band name.. i just want to play in a band.. hahahaha

Band compromises of 4 people

Renis - Lead Vocals
Dana - Drummer
Jason(PT) - Lead Guitar
Me!! - Bassist + Handsome + Sexy

Hahaha.. yes i just cant help it.. hahaha.. BTW, PT means Part Time.. He's actually our laoshi or sifu.. and yes he can play anything except saxophone. Multi talented guy la he. So anyways for 1 in a half hour yesterday, we were practising the same song over and over and over again. Wanna know how bored i was? go figure.. hahahaha

But its totally understandable coz its a new bands first meeting. somemore we had no idea who each other was (I was the oldest actually.. hahahaha) But towards the end we were practising well already for a first session. Everyone of them are talented in their way and am damn glad to be a part of it even for a short period of time. But when the time comes, we'll give everything we've got!! and finally find a band name!! hahaha

The day of the competition is arriving soon.

I wanna tell you something.. Wanna know why i took classes? I wanted to be better.. My whole life i was telling myself that i was bad in music.. i have no sense of rhtym.. And it affected me during one performance in March where the most talented people i've seen performed their heart and soul.. It was only luck that i was in the band as well.. And due to my lack of experience and lessons, i sucked!! big time.. So now, i dont think like that anymore.. i inflicted hate to that kind of emotion so that i wont have to be that again.. No fear

there is no harm in living in your own dream.. if people dont get that, find people who do coz in time you would be back at living on other person's dream.. And i hate that if that were to happen to me. So this performance in Jan is like my second chance to live my dream. I wont waste it for anything.

so thats it for now but before i leave, i gotta leave something behind. Its a quote from one of my favourite shows.. Try and guess where its from.

"Live the Life, Live the dream, No fear"

2 comments:

Clare Chiara said...

1st. OMG! U finally have a blog.
2nd. And you didn't tell us?!
3rd. I'm proud of u 2 work hard 4 ur dreams.
4th All de best 4 ur competition!

Go alistair!

5th. Pls... Bassist + Sexy + Handsome...........?????!!!

Unknown said...

I seriously have to agree with Clare.. you had a freaking blog, and you didn't even tell your friends... wat a brother.. :P anyway will be adding you in my list of blogs.. so everyone can check you out. Since someone thinks his so hot & sexy *blek*...

HEhehehehe... you take care bye...